- Oath Mass and Transfer to El Paso in Santa Marta
- Cofrade Passion Weekend Agenda
- Making Cabildo Hours, Easter payroll changes
- San Esteban: Besamanos of the Virgin of the Helpless
- Main Function quinario and the Risen Lord
- Transfer the Esperanza de Triana
- Main feature of the Lord Institute of Health. Brotherhood of Gypsies
- Besapiés the Lord of Victory
- santa Genoveva: Besapiés Jesus Cautivo
- Besamanos to the Virgen de la Estrella
Did you know? … The origin of the hood of the Nazarenes and of hanging a “sanbenito”
As they told me so I tell you…
What is the origin of the hoods worn by the Nazarenes??
We go to times far away, XV century, time of the Holy Inquisition and how important it was in our Seville. for those then, people sentenced for religious reasons, they had to carry on their heads a cardboard cone as a sign of the penance that the Court had imposed on them.
Did you know the origin of the expression I have hung a “sanbenito”?
We keep talking about the Inquisition. To persons sentenced for reasons of religion, They were also required to wear a piece of cloth that covered the chest and back and on which the name of the convicted person was written and all the sins for which he was to be executed.…
Hence the expression, hang someone a “sanbenito”.