- Oath Mass and Transfer to El Paso in Santa Marta
- Cofrade Passion Weekend Agenda
- Making Cabildo Hours, Easter payroll changes
- San Esteban: Besamanos of the Virgin of the Helpless
- Main Function quinario and the Risen Lord
- Transfer the Esperanza de Triana
- Main feature of the Lord Institute of Health. Brotherhood of Gypsies
- Besapiés the Lord of Victory
- santa Genoveva: Besapiés Jesus Cautivo
- Besamanos to the Virgen de la Estrella
Did you know? … The legend of Martínez Montañés and Our Father Jesus of the Passion
As they told me so I tell you…
Our Father Jesus of the Passion It is the masterpiece of Juan Martínez Montañés. Its paso is a masterpiece of contemporary Sevillian goldsmithing and a masterpiece of Spanish sculpture of all time.
Antonio Despuig and Dameto(1745-1813), Bishop of Orihuela, Archbishop of Valencia and Seville, and Latin Patriarch of Antioch, cardinal and art collector, he affirmed when contemplating him and devoutly praying before him the following: “I notice a flaw..."; to which he concluded emphatically: “…he lacks breathing.”
Legend has it that his work was so perfect, that in full creation, Martinez Montanes i was so ecstatic, who hit him with a hammer and told him “Speaks” and they say that Jesus of the Passion spoke to him…
From that moment Martínez Montañés is known as The Man Who Talked to God.
They told me another legend, according to, to be Our Father Jesus of the Passion, a full size image, could only be dress for men. It's more, there could only be men during this process. But on one occasion a somewhat curious and daring lady, he wanted to see more than he should and went in to see how the Lord was dressed…
They say that this woman gradually lost her sight until she was completely blind.
Legends of our Seville that are and will be part of our lives. Legends that as they told me, I'll tell you