- Via Crucis of the brotherhoods of Seville 2024
- Via Crucis to Ntro. Father Jesus of the Sentence. Hermandad de la Macarena
- Besamanos to the Virgen de la Hiniesta
- Triana: Besamanos to the Christ of the Three Falls
- St. lawrence: Besamanos of the Virgen de la Soledad
- Pentads solemn and Main Function of the Holy Christ of the Three Falls
- Poster Holy Week in Seville 2024
- Traditional Mass of San Antón and blessing of animals. Chapel of the Divine Shepherdess of Santa Marina, Sevilla.
- Kissing the hands of the Most Holy Mary of Charity in her Solitude- Brotherhood of Marketplace
- Students: Transfer to the Christ of the Good Death and Our Lady of Anguish
Did you know? Anecdotes and curiosities of Holy Week in Seville – Vol. 5
Until the mid-nineteenth century the Brotherhood of the Negritos…
Brothers admitted only black. To understand this fact we must go back to the creation of brotherhood. In the late nineteenth Gloria brotherhood it was founded to welcome blacks. This brotherhood was later joined a brotherhood of penance of blacks had been founded in 1554.. hence comes the prohibition of accepting Caucasian brothers.
In the poles of passage of the Virgin of Mercedes…
Santa Genoveva are the shields of Betis and Sevilla.
The longer it takes brotherhood…
In making its Station of Penance is the Thirst. The Brotherhood that runs more kilometers is El Cerro del Aguila. The shortest route is La Borriquita and The Entombment.
The only virgin who has the blue eyes…
It is the Consolation (Thirst), the Virgen del Valle has them green, and all other sizes have them brown
La Sagrada Mortars…
She takes in its courtship during Penitence Station 18 ciriales, representing the 18 people who were present at the burial of Jesus Christ
Each year a ritual is repeated, whereby several Nazarenes of the Great Power…
Visit the Basilica of the Macarena to request permission. Now we explain a little historical evolution of this event:
In the year 1776 the Brotherhood of the judgment gave way to the Great Power
For the latter entered before her in the Cathedral of Seville, but with the only condition that each year before the start of the Great Power would have to ask the appropriate permission to the Macarena, moving to the Parish of San Gil Nazarenes a deputation from the district of San Lorenzo.
In 1777 the ceremony came from the Macarena begins with the Great Power
The latter would brotherhood of Penitence Station following the brotherhood of Silence at dawn on Friday.
In 1799 Macarena received an originating office of Great Power
In expressing “they want and beg unite under an indissoluble harmony with Ntro. Father Jesus of the Sentence”. The following year the Governing Board of the Brotherhood of the Macarena approve the trade sent by the Brotherhood of the Great Power.